Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Can you hear me?


Current mood: confused

My head is overflowing with thoughts.
Introspection makes my head spin.
I grasp at the formation of mental objects floating about.
They slip through my fingers, untouched.

My heart is brimming with sensations.
Emotions make my heart beat faster.
I grasp at the subjective responses pulling on my heart strings.
They fly away before I can get a grip.

I try to make sense of my thoughts.
I try to make sense of my emotions.
I try to make the decisions that make me happiest.
I try to make the decisions that are right for me.

Who really knows where they are meant to me?
Who really knows what they are meant to do?
Who really knows when they are meant to do things?
Who really knows where their life is going?

I surround myself with people I enjoy being around.
I surround myself with things I enjoy doing.
But is that enough?
What more should I be doing?

I know where I am.
But are there other places where I should be?
Where I could be?
Where I would be?

The people in my life want me to be happy.
I want to be happy.
Others don't determine my happiness, I do.
How will I know what makes me happy?

People are going to expect things from you.
But they can't dictate what you do.
You need to decide for yourself.
And you will make it be the best for you.

Thoughts get complicated with feelings.
Emotions try to sway your opinions.
There has to be a healthy combination.
Where thoughts and emotions work together.

My insides are in turmoil.
Some days it's hard to know which way is up.
It's like I'm just floating along.
And it seems easier than making a decision.

What if?
Why not?
How can I?
Who will notice?

Why?
Why?
Why?
Why?

There are so many questions in my head.
They all remain unanswered.
Not because there are no answers.
But because I refuse to ask the questions.

Can you hear what I'm screaming on the inside?

No comments:

Post a Comment