Thursday, October 2, 2008

You know what the worst thing about being single is?


Current mood: sick

It's not the fact that you can't have a baby - because really, more people are having kids as single parents and it's becoming the norm. I'm not gonna say that clock doesn't start ticking every once in awhile, but if I really want to have one, I could (but I digress...)

It's not the fact that you have the potential of looking like a skank instead of having one loving, monogamous partner for the rest of your life.

It's not the fact that you never have the same date to any social function... if any date at all. Heck, sometimes girlfriends make better dates than guys anyways!

It's not the fact that you save on your income taxes when you are married. I mean, really... is the savings that substantial?

It's not the fact that you have to constantly explain to friends & relatives that "no, I'm not dating" or "no, I've not met anyone".

It's not the fact that you have to make sure your own car is serviced, that the brakes work, the tires have the right amount of air... you know, guy-type stuff. But really, there's nothing wrong with a woman becoming self-sufficient.

No, it's none of these at all.

The worst thing about being single is being sick!

Think about it. If you're ever sick, how many people actually offer to bring you stuff? Ok, before you jump on me, I know there are several of you out there that do offer and do bring stuff over. But no matter what it is that the single person is ill with, people treat them like they have the plague. They offer, drop stuff off and leave.

When you're not single, you have someone there to care for you 24/7 if you need them. Whether you want them around or not, they are there. Some of us can be a bear to be around when they are sick (yes, even me). As much as I push people away when I'm sick, I want them to ignore me and stick around anyways.

Bring some juice or medicine....make me some soup... bring some movies... cuddle up with me on the couch... stroke my hair...rub my arm... hold my hand...don't be afraid of getting the plague.

I am a very caring person and always offer to help others who are sick because I know what it's like to be single and sick. But that special relationship is something that you can't really have with your girlfriends...I mean, really - are ya'll gonna come over here and hold my hand while we watch movies?

Yours truly, in sickness and in health,

Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment