Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ginger Snow Peas and Peppers

This is a fast and easy recipe that I got from Everyday Food. If you like crunchy veggies with a vinegary "dressing" then this recipe is for you! You can use any color of bell peppers to make this side dish as vibrant and colorful as your heart desires!

Ginger Snow Peas and Peppers


8 ounces snow peas, stems removed
2 bell peppers (ribs and seeds removed), cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
coarse salt and ground pepper

1. Place a steamer basket in a saucepan filled with one inch water. Bring to a gentle boil. Add snow peas and bell peppers. Cover and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Rinse under cold water; drain well.

2. In a serving bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar and ginger; season with salt and pepper. Add snow peas and peppers; toss.

Yields 4 servings.




I didn't have rice vinegar when I made this dish the first time, so I used apple cider vinegar instead. It was still good... but it's better with the rice vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment