So i've recently taken up the hobby of reading. My mother thinks something is wrong with me because I have never really read for pleasure. I don't know what has drawn me to reading lately. Perhaps it's because I like to use my own imagination to "see" the book instead of watching a movie. I'm not really sure.
Anyways, I have made up a list of books that I would like to read this year. It seems to be a hefty list for a first-time reader, but I think I can manage. I've already finished one of the books (the first one on the list) and I have the next four on the list already started. So maybe I will be able to get through them all. I wonder if I can read and walk on the treadmill at a 15% incline at the same time? Hmm... perhaps this will be a good lesson in coordination for me!
In no particular order (except the first 5), here is my list:
1. The Hollow (Nora Roberts)
2. Twilight (Stephenie Meyer)
3. The Pagan Stone (Nora Roberts)
4. Pride and Prejudice (Jane Austen)
5. The Last Lecture (Randy Pausch)
6. Carolina Moon (Nora Roberts)
7. New Moon (Stephenie Meyer)
8. Eclipse (Stephenie Meyer)
9. Breaking Dawn (Stephenie Meyer)
10. The Horse Whisperer (Nicholas Evans)
11. At0nement (Ian McEwan)
12. The Secret History (Donna Tartt)
13. The Lovely Bones (Alice Sebold)
14. She's Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
15. The Princess Bride (William Goldman)
16. Can You Keep a Secret? (Sophie Kinsella)
17. Bridget Jone's Diary (Helen Fielding)
18. The Hobbit (J.R.R. Tolkein)
19. To Kill a Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
20. The Nanny Diaries (Emma McLaughlin and Nicole Kraus)
21. The Rule of Four (Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason)
22. The Secret Garden (Frances Hodgson Burnett)
23. Little Women (Louisa May Alcott)
** I must thank Allison for suggesting some of these books. She gave me a list almost a year ago because I wanted to start reading... but it took awhile for me to warm up to the idea of having my nose buried in a book :o)**
I thought that list looked particularly fabulous. ;o)
ReplyDelete