Thursday, February 12, 2009

SOUPer Bowl at Emily's

Our February Supper Club theme was SOUP and it was hosted by Emily - what a great night! All of our soups were souper delicious! (Pun intended!)
Emily made a kick-ass salad and bought this awesome bread, as well. I kind of envy her salad bowl....


Angie made this awesome Coconut Curry Chicken Noodle Soup. The recipe can be found here: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1860092



Emily also made Italian Wedding soup. Mmmm. It was really good. Overall, it might have been my #2 pick of the evening. But don't tell my Mom. I love my Mom's Italian wedding soup, but there was just something about this one that made it better. Perhaps it was the pasta.


Jennifer made this Minestrone soup with ribbed elbow pasta. I had never seen ribbed pasta before. Well, not ribbed elbows. They were interesting. And I liked the white beans in this soup. Very tasty!


My soup was a Sour and Spicy Thai Shrimp soup. It was my favorite soup of the evening and it's not just because I made it! It was SOUPER spicy, but that's how I like it! I would definitely make this again. The recipe can be found here:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=226544


I bet you were wondering what we would have for dessert... Well, Emily made this very rich Mixed Berry Soup. She served it over ice cream. Wow. It was really delicious.

Here's a view from the top... she garnished each serving with some fresh berries. It looked quite fancy!

1 comment: