
This is the masterpiece of cake that I created for her big day. It was sugar-shock on a platter! The cupcakes on the bottom tier were Wacky Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing. The cupcakes on the middle tier were White Velvet Cupcakes with Fluffy White Icing and the top tier consisted of a sno-ball courtesy of Giant Eagle bakery. The cupcakes, platter and tiers were decorated with various candies including M&M's, Resse's Pieces, Gummy Sweet Tarts, Lemonheads, Gummy Bears, Kissables and Mini Marshmallows.

Hannah waited patiently along with the rest of us so that we could surprise Aunt Jessie :o) The party was supposed to be snow-themed complete with sled riding and snow angel making (and the sno-ball atop the cupcake tiers and the hot chocolate on the menu) but there was no snow to be found! It actually snowed the day after the party!

Jess was completely surprised. I don't know if it was more because we pulled it off or because I was there. She had no idea I had been in town for over 24 hours before the party!

The candles on the cake were trick candles (of course!) that took awhile to be extinguished. I think everyone at the party had their try with helping Jess get them all blown out! That's Kevin (Jess' husband) in the background. He looks so excited and tickled pink that we surprised her! (Or maybe it was all the beer he had been drinking.)

Everyone loved the different cupcakes and candies! Hannah was so excited about her cupcake that she actually bit the tine off of one of the plastic forks. To this day, I still have no idea if she swallowed it or it got lost somewhere else. We couldn't find it.

Pap-pap decided to wear Hannah's hat as a party hat. He's always good entertainment to have at a party!
Jess' mother-in-law made this cute card with all different kinds of candy. It was very creative!Hope you had a great birthday, Jess! I know I had fun planning it, preparing for it and experiencing it with you!
I think I'm gonna need to eat some cake now.
ReplyDelete