Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Steelers Cupcakes!


Ok, so this entry comes hot on the heels of me claiming that it is not in my Baking morals to use a box cake mix. I know, I know. I'm being such a hypocrite. But allow me to take you on this several hour journey that started with a box mix and prepared icing...I promise that the amount of time it took me to decorate 30 cupcakes made up for me starting with a box cake mix!


I started by putting a nice healthy amount of white icing on the middle of the cupcakes. I then "drew" a circle around the white icing with black decorator icing.

Then I free-handed the Steelers diamonds onto the top of each and every cupcake.


3o cupcakes in all. I took 3 of them and put larger diamonds on them to arrange in the middle of my presentation. And then it was time for the taste testers....

Nicholas loved his cupcake. He had chocolate crumbs all over the place and also wanted to give me a big chocolatey kiss as thanks.


Brian was the cleanest cupcake eater... but I got a big hug from him when he told me "Thanks!"

Rachel ate her cupcake just like I would have... eyes and mouth wide, trying to get as much in at one time as possible. Of course I got a big thank you hug from her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment